Forwarded from Nestor (reply to Mark)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Jun 21 13:33:31 MDT 2001

Mark:
> All I know is, that the deeper you dig, the
>more you come away impressed with just how completely people all around the
>world were in touch with one another, in Eurasia/Africa anyway, going back
>centuries.

Actually, I am reminded of what Roland Chrisjohn said on a radio interview.
When Spaniards first set foot on the New World proper--as opposed to the
islands that Columbus "discovered"--the word went out to the north and
south. Within a month indigenous peoples on the northwest coast of what
would become the USA were discussing the news.

Louis Proyect