URGENT! VICTORY PROJECT EVICTION EMERCENCY MEETING!

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at tao.ca
Fri Jun 22 16:00:46 MDT 2001

I wasn't going to forward this at first, but after looking at the bourgeois
press here in Van, this is definitely significant. The last few days, the
Vancouver Sun has let out the dogs. There was a small, semi-sympathetic article
in the paper about "demonstrators"

So the editor wrote a FRONT PAGE savagery- talking about police standing between
"them" and `civilsation'. The tone has been hysterical. Now they attack the
Anarchist and IndyMedia Centre here.

The stuff about "being used as an after hours/late night dance facility" is a
code word for rave (or something similar) and to my knowledge is total
poppycock. I know the people who work/volunteer at Tao well enough to believe if
they had started something like this, I would have been invited by those who
know of my love for electronic music.

This is simply a political act.

Macdonald