[PEN-L:12370] Swimming against the tide of history

Fri Jun 1 12:45:50 MDT 2001

>>> jones118 at lineone.net 05/30/01 04:07AM >>>
-clip-

The fact that Cuba has been able to successfully navigate some of the shoals
which eventually reefed the USSR is an extraordinary testament not merely to
the vitality of the Cuban revolution but also to the changed circumstances,
not least those of contemporary capitalism.

((((((

CB: Very satisfying general discussion of this topic we must continue to grapple with.

I was thinking about this last paragraph, perhaps the Cuban's were able to learn from
the Soviet mistakes some, too.