Forwarded from Jurriaan (Trotsky and imperialism)

Nestor Miguel Gorojovsky gorojovsky at SPAMarnet.com.ar
Sun Jun 3 07:57:16 MDT 2001

En relación a Forwarded from Jurriaan (Trotsky and imperialism), el 2
Jun 01, a las 12:31, Louis Proyect dijo:

> Many Marxists simply divided the world into imperialist countries
> and (semi-)colonial countries but this isn't very informative and
> does not really adress the specificity of "settler colonies" such as
> South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

I would take exception to part of the above. South Africa, IMHO,
cannot be placed in the same category as Australia and New
Zealand. But J. is right in his remark that too many Marxists have
schematised the world scenario to an unbearable level, and thus have
sterilized themselves politically while giving Marxism a bad name
among the masses...

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar