to Greg(was Re: OK, let's put an end . . .)

Dayne Goodwin dayneg at SPAMaros.net
Mon Jun 18 09:57:17 MDT 2001

Hello Greg,
        sorry i was not able to continue with our discussion yesterday. in
general i don't have time to actively keep up with this list.  i am not
able to be online every day; i often get several days behind, sometimes a
week behind, and i only give a cursory look to some of the longer posts.
        what you interpret as my slow and patient discussion is actually
the height of my brilliance.  i am a rough rock in a small creek way up
the mountainside compared to some of you smooth stones down by the beach.
        i didn't get on this list because i thought i had answers to the
profound questions that are continually discussed and debated; i got on
this list to learn. i am pleased to find that once in a while i may be
able to contribute something useful to others. (i originally got on this
list while following a reference to find the text of a talk that Louis had
given at a conference on Trotskyism in the U.S.)
        even if i had been able to stay longer in cyberspace yesterday, i
may not have been able to keep up with you.  your intellectual energy is
astounding and i think you sometimes wear out us lesser mortals.
        i strongly agree with your comments below.  they provoke thoughts
i hope to find time to organize and share with the list, thoughts along
the lines of Phil Ferguson's comments a while back about 'the SWP(u.s.)
and human material.'

        . . .