PEN-L exchange on capitalism as a world system

Mark Jones jones118 at SPAMlineone.net
Thu Jun 21 02:03:35 MDT 2001

Louis Proyect:

> So coming home on the subway, it occurred to me that this whole English
> countryside deal might have been included in the climax of the film.

Speaking as a former denizen of said countryside, which may look
superficially pretty with churches and olde worlde tea-shoppes, but in fact
is full of weird and dark and atavistic goings-on, beginning with the
weirdness of fox hunting ('the unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible') I
can only agree.

Mark