conference on Lenin

Sun Mar 4 09:30:40 MST 2001

I was hopeful that Kevin Anderson's summary of the Lenin conference would
generate some response on this list. Louis has offered his usual carefully
thought out reflections. in a follow up post on RPA Dug Henwood objected to
being called an "anti-globalization activist by Kevin." I could not get a
very clear picture of what people actually said from Kevin's report. most of
the speakers probably did talk about the philosophical implications as Louis
has suggested. if my memory is correct, Kevin also supported the NATO
bombing of Serbia. he was probably glad to see NATO getting rid of the last
holdouts of "Stalinism." these are difficult times...

George