The Worker's Struggle at Duro Bag Company and Why It is Important

Jay Moore research at SPAMwww.neravt.com
Sun Mar 4 16:21:30 MST 2001

Tony -- We must do what we all can to support these courageous workers who
want an independent union.  Is there any info on the Web that I could link
to?  Since you're the expert on the List, what I was wondering is what does
it mean in the present political context in Mexico to still have "official"
unions, since the PRI which ever so tightly controlled the "official" unions
is no longer in power nationally?  Have some of these unions and their
bureaucrats realigned with the new Fox regime or what?  Does the fact that
the PRI is not in power mean that there might be some movement for change
within the "officials"?

best,
jay
http://www.neravt.com/left/