Saramago

Tue Mar 6 17:20:31 MST 2001

I think that radical humanism is both the strength and weakness of
Saramago's work. In Blindness, he uses the metaphor of blindness to depict
the human condition. "we are all blind." not very profound...In the Gospel
According to J.C. he depicts Jesus' resistance against the plan God, the
Father, has for him- all that death and suffering. he fails of course.

I have been trying to get people on this list to read The Gospel for some
time now, with no luck...

George