farewell to academe

Michael Yates mikey+ at SPAMpitt.edu
Wed Mar 7 19:04:24 MST 2001

Jim Craven is a rare teacher.  What you find generally is that when a
person is truly radical, that is, willing to act upon the notion that
capitalism is an  unmitigated evil and to say that this is so whenever
he or she has the opportunity, that person will be dismissed as a crank
and a fool even within the hallowed halls of academe, with its
pretensions of truth seeking, creating an informed citizenry, and blah,
blah, blah.  I consider Jim to be a brother.

Michael Yates