CPC still bars business people from party

Mark Munsterhjelm gustav88 at SPAMms13.hinet.net
Thu Mar 8 17:44:04 MST 2001

Hello,

Taiwan has de facto independence now. As for supporting a formal declaration, I am
like most
Taiwanese in supporting the maintenance of the status quo for the foreseeable future.
War is
still a serious possibility if independence was formally declared and few here want to
risk
that. As for Taiwan eventually joining in some sort of formal political arrangement
with China,
it's hard to say but conditions would likely have to improve in the PRC before that
would have
lots of support here.

Mark Munsterhjelm
Sanchung, Taiwan