reading corner for Capital

David Carroll dccarrol at SPAMucsd.edu
Thu Mar 8 18:44:21 MST 2001

I definitely would be interested.  I was just reading David Harvey's _Spaces
of Hope_, which has an introductory chapter that discusses his annual
reading groups of Capital Vol. 1 since the early seventies.  Harvey's book
is fascinating and makes a good case for why the text of Capital itself, not
just the ideas, is so relevant today.

How would this group be conducted?  Which particular edition would we use?
Xxxx Xxxxxx suggests the Vintage edition with Mandel's intro.  Are there any
other good ones?

Dave Carroll