Anarchism

Xxxx Xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx at xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Wed Mar 14 19:38:37 MST 2001

Robert Nozick must be an economic libertarian (in the  tradition of Mises
and Hayek). I never thought of him as being an anarchist in the leftist
libertarian sense, but there is a logical connection, of course..

Kimlika's (pro ?)  book _Contemporary Political Theory_ compares the
libertarianism of Nozick with the liberalism of  John Rawl, and their
concepts of disributive justice in a capitalist society. He touches upon
Marxian notions of justice as well  A very good intro to the philosophical
debate on  social equality.

bye, Xxxx

At 08:07 PM 3/14/01 -0500, you wrote:
>[ bounced html format from MindAphid at aol.com ]
>

>In a message dated 3/14/01 4:37:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>schaffer at optonline.net writes:
>
>      Sam Pawlett said:
>
>      > In other words, anarchism is not an evolutionary stable
>      > strategy. Nozick explained this in his book.
>
>      what book is this?
>
>      les schaffer
>
>Anarchy, State and Utopia, by Robert Nozick published by Basic Books,
>copyright 1974.  I dont think Im going out on a limb to say it is
>essential reading if you want to understand how most economists view
>Marxian economic theory.

---
Xxxx Xxxxx Xxxxxx
Ph.D student