Follow up to: Protesters set to enter Canada via reserves

Thu Mar 15 20:32:37 MST 2001

Please note the article below by Andrew Mitrovica of the Globe and Mail.
The article appears to carry severe disinformation. The comments and input
attributed to spokespeople did not take place. Talk of criminals and
illegal entry did not take place. The writer of the article has done us a
severe diservice. The people in the article referred to do not speak for
the Mohawk people nor would do so. When contacted by the author I did not
speak with him but gave him a contact for the reserve. Please note there
are three jurisdictions in the area. He only refers to one. At any rate I
understand there is an embargo on the writer until further notice as he
has done us a great diservice in a petty attempt at a byline. I tried
sending out a message earlier today but it appears to have been lost.
Until we find out who Mr. Mitrovica is working for I suggest telling him
to get lost if he contacts you. Beware, he may not be on the up. Here is
the article, in solidarity, Dave Bleakney

Protesters set to enter Canada via reserves

ANDREW MITROVICA

Thursday, March 15, 2001

American protesters with criminal records plan to attend an international
summit in Quebec by smuggling themselves into Canada via native reserves
that straddle the U.S.-Canadian border, protest organizers say.