wall street

Fri Mar 16 19:17:10 MST 2001

I was wondering if anyone on this list can explain the operations of the
stock market from a Marxist perspective. I am primarily interested in the
lack of connection between production and the value of stocks. why do stocks
not express the value of material production. it seems to me that this
problem also says something about the function of money in late capitalism.
is it still a means of exchange and the measure of value. I read WALL STREET
by Doug Henwood a couple of years ago looking for the answers to these
questions, but did not find them. can anyone help me?

George