on Zizek

Fri Mar 16 20:15:15 MST 2001

one of the problems posed by Zizek is the proper uses of the unconscious in
social and political theory. Gary says that Zizek represents a kind of
performance. this is true enough. he plays with Freud/Marx and Lacan. what
does this game have to do with actual life? perhaps it is so much
entertainment? while we are still waiting for Lefty, Zizek is waiting for
Goddot. our waiting is the moment of lack within the dialectics of desire.
is it???