on Zizek

Fri Mar 16 20:40:37 MST 2001

Hi George,

What is absent the historical agent.  That is the lack.  In the mean time
Zizek and Co play and dream of jouissance -  the Barthesian pun on joy and
orgasm.  The likes of Zizek are everywhere in the Academy.  I believe they
form the periphery or buffer zone around the neo-realists who are eager to
cooperate with capital.  In brief their function is to prevent a
re-emergence of Marxist thought by preventing us from coming to grips with
the pragmatists and neo-realists.

As we approach this great economic crisis it is all becoming blindingly
simple.  Either one is for sharing out the surplus equally and ensuring a
future for the human species or one is for clowning around while Capital
accumulates in an increasingly primitive fashion.

regards

Gary