Wall Street

Henry C.K. Liu hliu at SPAMmindspring.com
Sat Mar 17 15:55:39 MST 2001

Environmental restoration is a form of consumption.  I mention education, which I
believe is still non-polluting.  Since the world is saddled with overproduction,
increased consumption does not necessarily lead immediately to more production.
Also, I am not advocating a disparity of income between the core and the
peripheral, nor am I advocating polluting consumption.

The fact remains that due to neo-liberal policies of the like of Larry Summers,
the environment in the core is in better shape than in the peripheral where
consumption is low.

This thread began as a request for an explanation of a narrowly define question -
a "marxist" perspective of the bubble.

Henry