Civil Rights and the South

Sun Mar 18 07:15:21 MST 2001

[ bounced html format from erik toren <cuauhtemocrey at yahoo.com> ]

Hola Camaradas:

"Even the Civil Rights Movement missed Texas."

OK, Tony A. you got me on this one?  What do you mean with the CM
missed Texas?  Are you stating that the CM of MLK missed Texas?  I can
only state that at least in Chicano history, Texas is one of the key
states where the Chicano had one of the strongest impact being the
birth place to MAYO, student walk-out preceding Los Angeles, having a
large presence in the La Raza Unida Party Brown Berets, SWVRP, and
LULAC, and being of the places with strong organizing of farmworkers
outside of California.

Erik Toren