zizek is coming

Sun Mar 18 09:47:13 MST 2001

En relación a zizek is coming,

> > two lectures - "Can we compare holocaust and gulag?  A Lacanian
> > approach" on March 26 and "Yugoslavia: The Burden of Being the Stuff
> > Others' Dreams are Made of"
>
>?????????????????????
>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

>Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky

Well, the title of  the talk is incomprehensible to begin with.

welcome post-modernist Zizek!

ps: what does he mean by comparing holocaust and gulag from a Lacanian
perspective? any suggestions to deconstruct?  With respect to second title,
"the burden of being the stuff", I am totally lost.

>>> mineXxxxxx

CB: Why not compare the Holocaust to the New Economy's U.S. prison industrial complex
, from an Angela Davis perspective ? That would be a lot more contemporary and
practical for the Left.