English farmers ,hoof and mouth disease crisis

David Welch welch at SPAMcwcom.net
Sun Mar 18 14:49:08 MST 2001

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 07:30:46AM +1000, Gary MacLennan wrote:
> Lou,
>
> this defies understanding.  I have read admittedly that the foot & mouth
> outbreak does not appear to be dangerous to humans.  However the Mad Cow
> disease affair showed that there is no culture of safety in post Thatcher
> Britain.

About a dozen people have died from new variant CJD so far, less than die
from accidents with radio alarm clocks each year, but millions and
millions of cattle have been slaughtered and the most absurd restrictions
have been put on consumption of beef. Don't you think something might be
going on here?