*Native activist charged with a hate crime for Destroying Statue of Columbus]]

Craven, Jim jcraven at SPAMclark.edu
Wed Mar 21 12:04:21 MST 2001

> Brothers and Sisters
>
> A local activist (Santa Cruz, CA) is being charged
> with a hate crime for
> destroying a statue of Christopher Columbus at San
> Jose city hall.  Please
> take a few minutes to read the rest of this email
> and then let the Santa
> Clara District Attorney know what you think and how
> you feel.  Please excuse
> the length and formatting.  Your brother in the
> struggle, Guarionex.
>
> http://www.santaclara-da.org/contactus.html  DA's
> office web page
>
> Mailing Address:
> 70 West Hedding Street
> San Jose, CA 95110
> Phone:
> (408) 299-7500
> Fax:
> (408) 286-5437
> Native American Activist Smashes
> San Jose City Hall Statue of
> Christopher Columbus
> Revered Mass Murderer
>
> San Jose, Ca. Wielding a sledgehammer, justice
> activist James Cosner
> smashed a life-size statue of Christopher Columbus
> in front of dozens of
> witnesses at City Hall in San Jose, California on
> Thursday, March 8th. As
> the seven-types of marble chips flew from the blows,
> Cosner shouted
> "Genocide!" "This man rode our backs!" "This man
> murdered us!"
>
> Most Americans do not know the murderous history of
> Christopher Columbus.
> Examining primary historical sources by Bartolome de
> las Casas, the
> biographer of Columbus son, Columbus made four
> voyages to the New World. He
> encountered the Arawaks, who occupied Haiti. An
> early census of the Arawak
> was 1.1 million, not counting children. According to
> a conservative estimate
> over 3 million Arawak lived on Haiti in
> pre-Columbian times. Columbus
> kidnapped , enslaved, and murdered the Arawak
> people. He ruled with severe
> discipline ordering the cutting off of ears or nose
> as punishment for minor
> crimes.
>
> When the Arawaks fought back, Columbus used the
> excuse to wage war. On
> March 24th, 1495 Columbus set out to conquer the
> Arawaks. With 20 hunting
> dogs, horses, and guns Columbus set upon the
> Arawaks, tearing them up with
> dogs and mowing them down with volleys of bullets,
> and running them over
> with horses. Reporting back to Queen Isabel of
> Spain, Columbus boasted "In
> the name of the holy trinity, we can send from here
> all the slaves that
> Brazil will hold." The Spaniards hunted Indians for
> sport and murdered them
> for dog food.
>
> Seeking gold, he enslaved the remaining Arawaks to
> work the mines. Those
> who refused had their hands cut off. Conditions for
> the Arawak become so
> [...]

=====
Eugene Johnson
(He Who Laughs A Lot)

Copyright ©2000 Eugene D. Johnson. All rights reserved. Permission is
granted to redistribute this message, with this proviso attached. Written
permission of the author is required to distribute this message through any
medium other than the internet.