Maoist International Movement

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at SPAMjuno.com
Sat Mar 24 07:57:49 MST 2001

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 08:32:30 -0500 Barry Stoller
<bstoller at utopia2000.org> writes:

> > I've recently come across material from MIM, the Maoist
> International Movement. They do make an odd impression what with
> their use of alphanumeric codes in place of personal names and their
> belief that the white working class is counterrevolutionary. Does
> anyone know how MIM came about and what their background is? The
> best I can deduce is that they come out of the academia in Ann
> Arbor, Michigan.
>
> MIM are ultra-sectarian dogmatists from Harvard. Their 'feminist
> Maoism'
> is characterized by both inane intransigence ('sterilize all men!'
> [MIM
> Theory #2 &3, p. 145]) and the occasional brilliance (inducing Black
> Book of Communism editor to admit gross error
> <http://www.etext.org/Politics/MIM/agitation/blackb3.html>). I've
> worked
> with them (Du Bois statement [MIM Notes #226, p. 9]) and I can
> assure
> you, they are the fire-and-brimstone types.

They have also written some good essays on Godard's films, especially
the ones he made during his Maoist period (of course).

Jim F.

> http://www.etext.org/Politics/MIM/

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.