events at Brown

Michael Yates mikey+ at SPAMpitt.edu
Sun Mar 25 06:00:33 MST 2001

It is remarkably ironic that Brown University was founded by men who
made their money in the slave trade.  Also, when in my farewell to
academe I said, among other things, that racism was alive and well on
our campuses, that wretched beacon of liberalism, Brad DeLong, accused
me of hating my students.

Michael Yates

George Snedeker wrote:

> Here is the information that got left out of one of my messages. Several  persons
>have requested more information about the events at Brown  in the last week or two. I
>am not on campus so what I relate here all comes  from the local papers. I apologize
>in advance for omissions or

snip