Annoying Post-Modernists

Paul Flewers hatchet.job at SPAMvirgin.net
Sun Mar 25 15:42:35 MST 2001

Amanda Tattersall asked: < I am having a little trouble.  My honours class
is almost filled to the brim with 'pomo'/foucauldian post-structuralists,
always keen to point out how 'totalising' a Marxist analysis is ... blah
blah blah. I was wondering if people knew of good critiques of postmodernism
from a Marxist perspective that either claim to have 'learnt something' from
this perspective, or destroy the theoretical apparatus that it attempts to
construct. >

A very good demolition job on the fraud that is called post-modernism is in
István Mészáros, The Power of Ideology, Harvester-Wheatsheaf, 1989.

Paul F