Lenin and lawsuits?

Paul Flewers hatchet.job at SPAMvirgin.net
Mon Mar 26 13:34:42 MST 2001

Xxxx Xxxxxx asked: < It is my understanding that Lenin did, on occasion, sue
others on the
left for libel. Is this so? Can someone provide details? >

I've never read this anywhere, I think every critical biographer of Lenin
would have made much of this were it so. He did sue a motorist in Paris who
knocked him off his bike. I think that Stalin either threatened to sue or
demanded a retraction from Martov for saying that he'd been involved in
expropriations during or after 1905.

Paul F