Inquiry

Paul Flewers hatchet.job at SPAMvirgin.net
Tue Mar 27 07:26:37 MST 2001

"Red Rebel" said: < I knew a guy who was in the Israeli Special Forces who
is gay and he said it was never considered to be a problem. He also served a
period with the US Marines. >

No problem for him, maybe; a big problem for Palestinians in the sense that
he was an Israeli soldier. There's been a lot of talk in Britain about
letting gays into the armed forces. Whilst in principle I'm against any
restrictions upon gays getting jobs in the forces just as I'm opposed to all
forms of discrimination, it's hardly a step forward if it's a gay Israeli
soldier shooting at Palestinian kiddies, a gay US sailor launching a Cruise
missile on Baghdad or Belgrade, or a gay Parachute regiment soldier beating
up people in Northern Ireland. The same thing goes for women in the armed
forces of imperialist states and their surrogates.

Paul F