Inquiry

Martin Zehr m_zehr at SPAMhotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 08:00:33 MST 2001

This has long been more to the point for me. Gays in the military is like
supporting the right of women to be executed as proof of equality. Let's
look at the character of the policy and the intention of the "equality" and
it's impact on the people and than let's be a little more discriminating on
where we expend our energy. My sister, a lesbian, served in the military and
worked for the CIA, running guns for the contras. I wouldn't demand that she
not have that right, but I also realize, as does she, the price paid by the
people of Nicaragua, not because of the fact that gays are accepted in the
military, but because the armed forces of this nation are used to maintain
US imperial domination. Let's make the demands for equality and justice
focused on where they can do the most people the most good.