Hoof and mouth disease

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Wed Mar 28 16:00:32 MST 2001

>(btw, LM's attack at anti-racism and anti-sexism fighters are along the
>same discourse of moral panic too. since we have opened a topic on
>anti-reperations issue, does anyone know what LM thinks about Brown
>protests or the issue of reperations in general? ).
>

>bye, Mine

It is a little hard to figure James Heartfield's connection to LM nowadays,
since he posts his own newsletter called "This Week" rather than
contributing to their Spiked-Online website. But James was definitely upset
with the Brown student "attack on free speech". This should not come as a
surprise since those folks are free speech absolutists. Although Carrol Cox
has a tendency to get on my wrong side nowadays, he did write a lovely post
to Henwood's list to the effect that Horowitz's ad was more obscene than
one promoting five year old girls for prostitution. With ads like that, not
only should you burn the papers but blow up the buildings that print them.
The old coot got a lot of them young'un liberals upset, god bless his
nastiness.

Louis Proyect