tangential query

Mark Jones jones118 at lineone.net
Sun May 6 01:22:42 MDT 2001

I'm trying out various new indexers to sort out my email and text  archives (several
gigabytes). I used to use Alta Vista Discovery, which was cranky but free. Now it's
been withdrawn. I'm currently trying Dtsearch, which is fast, but also cranky and
costs $200 bucks. I'm wondering if comrades have any useful
experiences/advice/suggestions about text indexers, in particular ones which work
with Miscrosoft Outlook, which has now been practically disabled by 'security
patches'. Sorry for the tan.

Mark