Engels and indigenous peoples

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun May 6 20:12:50 MDT 2001

Greg Schofield wrote:

> Nestor I am glad that you made this response. I have liked Chomsky's idea
> for some time, but as I could not see a mechanism for it I felt that it was
> probably idealist, although also feeling that it might hold promise.

I have been following this exchange of Charles and Greg with interest,
partly because I think the subject itself is of importance and partly
because the modern attack on Marx often takes the form of attempts to
split Marx from Engels; hence the defense of Engels against various
vulgar (i.e., super-sophisticated) attacks is important in itself,
regardless of the specific topic.

I don't think the interactions of language, biology, culture, etc. are
fully understood yet, but in the context the following post from another
list is of interest. At the end of Maureen Anderson's post I have
included some of the material (from an earlier post of mine, which was
the context for her post.

Carrol