The STATE DOESN"T PROTECT GANGSTERS??? IN WHAT WORLD?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu May 10 14:10:25 MDT 2001

Borba100 at aol.com wrote:

> Reality demolishes Julio's argument: as I just proved, gangsterism is a
> crucial part of state power.

Just recently I read an article giving a detailed argument to the effect
that the criminal organizations in Japan were an integral part of state
power there. I can't remember where I read it now, but I'll try to
locate it. It was very persuasive.

The relationship in fact is so close in the U.S. that papers can write
major "exposes" of it and nothing happens. There was whole series of
articles in the Chicago Tribune about Mayor Daley going golfing with a
man who he denied knowing. The Tribune will of course still support
Daley in the next election.

It is almost impossible to imagine the major cities in the U.S. without
assuming very close ties between the City and organized crime.

Carrol