French in Algeria: Inhumanity exposed

jenyan1 jenyan1 at uic.edu
Thu May 17 22:10:10 MDT 2001

Hi,
The mistake here is my own.  I had been lead to believe that the line of
the PCF leadership was that the question of Algeria was to be resolved
not by independence but within the the French state. I have obviously had
a superficial and incomplete reading of this issue, which showed in my
reply to your initial mail. Furthermore, it could not have been further
from my intention to criticise the courageous rank and file members you
mentioned in your last mail, and of whom I was not even aware.
My apologies.
John Enyang