A daring assumption (was Re: East Timor and all that.)

Nestor Miguel Gorojovsky gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar
Sun May 20 17:04:08 MDT 2001

En relación a East Timor and all that.,
el 21 May 01, a las 0:28, Greg Schofield dijo:

> The Australian Trade Union Movement, Labor Party and Communist party
> played a significant international role in Indonesian independence,
> some years later Australian intelligence agencies played a more
> direct role in the 1965 coup and the slaughter of PKI, trade union
> leaders and many others.

Please note that none of the above runs against the interests of the
Australian bourgeoisie, much to the contrary: expelling Holland from
Indonesia was a potential asset, as was demonstrated later by the
tragic events of 1965. This does not judge the honesty of the
militants and even leaderships of the organizations mentioned by
Greg. I am just putting the whole thing in a particular perspective,
which is the perspective of the Australian ruling class. Am I wrong?

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar