A daring assumption (was Re: East Timor and all that.)

Alan Bradley abradley1 at bigpond.com
Tue May 22 19:43:05 MDT 2001

> From: Greg Schofield
> For instance there is a strengthening independence movement in Iran Jaya,
> plus the communal frictions breakout all over Indonesia (the legacy of
> 1965 lives on and still takes causalities). I have not read or heard of
> anything that has attempted to analyse this thoroughly from a Marxist
> perspective yet everything said and done in Australia has effects which
> need to be understood.
>
> The left treats all these things as separate entities (which they are
> not).

I've got a reasonable amount of stuff on Indonesia in my files.  I don't
recall anything that deals with this question quite in this way, but there
is some stuff that is relevant.  Maybe next week, once I get my scanner
working again, I might be able to put some articles onto the list.

One problem is that a lot of the most interesting material wasn't written
for public consumption, but for internal discussions.

Maybe some of the ASIET material might be interesting.  There are ASIET
people on the list.  Hello!

Alan Bradley
abradley1 at bigpond.com