Forwarded from Anthony (Cointelpro & CP)

Jose G. Perez jgperez at netzero.net
Thu May 24 07:13:52 MDT 2001

>>This show was particularly interesting to me, since I have long believed
that the CPUSA must have been the long term and central target of the FBI's
efforts to infiltrate and subvert the left in the USA.

>>The CPUSA was simply - and by far - the largest and most influenctial
organization of the left in the USA up until the 1960's.

>>What happened to the Black Panther Party, and to a greater or lesser
extent
to all left organizations in the USA, must have happened to the CPUSA -
only begining earlier, with more resources devoted to it by the government,
and possibly with more success.

>>This strong hunch was never anything I could completely substantiate - not
having the access to the documentary evidence, nor the time or devotion to
go looking for it.<<

The CPUSA was, without doubt, in an immediate organizational sense the
central target of the FBI Cointelpro and similar government projects.

Unfortunately, I do not have this book to hand, but I believbe Nelson
Blackstock's book Cointelpro: theFBI's War on Political Freedom included
details (as much as were available) of the relative scale and scope of
Cointelpro operations, and these were overwhelmingly focused on the CPUSA.

If someone has the book to hand and can be bothered to look, I think the
evidence will be found there.

José

Yesterday I walked by the television set which was humming away on its own,
and was grabbed by a history channel biography of Jack and Morris Childs.

Morris and Jack Childs were top ranking members of the CPUSA who worked for
the FBI for more than 25 years. His brother.

The documentary was convincing - especially the photographs of Morris in
the CP, and recieving an award from the head of the FBI (one of the ones
after Hoover.) However, the history channel is not my most trusted source
of info.

This show was particularly interesting to me, since I have long believed
that the CPUSA must have been the long term and central target of the FBI's
efforts to infiltrate and subvert the left in the USA.

The CPUSA was simply - and by far - the largest and most influenctial
organization of the left in the USA up until the 1960's.

What happened to the Black Panther Party, and to a greater or lesser extent
to all left organizations in the USA, must have happened to the CPUSA -
only begining earlier, with more resources devoted to it by the government,
and possibly with more success.

This strong hunch was never anything I could completely substantiate - not
having the access to the documentary evidence, nor the time or devotion to
go looking for it.

So, did anyone see the history channel bio of the Childs?

Does anyone have any info, or opinions? I would be interested to read them.

All the best,

Anthony

Louis Proyect