"TERRORISM AGAINST SERBIA IS NO CRIME"

Borba100 at aol.com Borba100 at aol.com
Sat May 26 20:38:52 MDT 2001

URL for this article is http://emperors-clothes.com/articles/jared/nocrime.htm
www.tenc.net * [Emperor's Clothes]

"TERRORISM AGAINST SERBIA IS NO CRIME"
by Jared Israel and Rick Rozoff [25 May 2001]

Below is a news dispatch from yesterday's edition of the daily report issued
by KFOR, that is, by NATO in Kosovo:

"KFOR News Update
Pristina, 24 May 2001
By Maj. Axel-Bernd Jandesek, KFOR Spokesman

"More Than 450 UCBMP Members Surrendered
"By the end of ...KFOR's soft policy towards UCBMP extremists, more than 450
former extremists had taken advantage of this policy. These people
voluntarily laid down their arms and turned themselves in at several KFOR
checkpoints. KFOR screened and released all UCBMP members who are not
suspected of having committed serious crimes."

Did you notice that the headline talks about UCBMP terrorists 'surrendering'
but the actual news concerns their being released?

Now, by way of contrast, consider the following excerpts from the famous U.N.
Security Council Resolution 1244, which is NATO's legal justification for
occupying Kosovo:

"The KLA and other armed Kosovo Albanian groups [must] end immediately all
offensive actions and comply with the requirements for demilitarization...
"[The United Nations Security Council] condemns all terrorist acts by any
party [and reaffirms] the commitment of all Member States to the sovereignty
and territorial integrity of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and the other
States of the region, as set out in the Helsinki Final Act...
"[The UN and the security forces operating under its jurisdiction in Kosovo
will see to the] demilitarizing the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) and other
armed Kosovo Albanian groups."
(http://www.kforonline.com/resources/documents/unscr1244.htm)
The KFOR dispatch reports that KFOR released about 450 terrorists, only
detaining an unknown number who were "suspected of having committed serious
crimes." Keep in mind, we are not talking about shoplifters here. We are
talking about armed terrorists (if they weren't armed how could they have
"voluntarily laid down their arms"?) who invaded southern Serbia. What crimes
could they have committed that were not serious? Isn't taking part in an
armed invasion of Serbia a "serious crime"?

The contrast between the language of UN Resolution 1244 - "respect for
Yugoslav sovereignty", "disarm the KLA", "armed Kosovo Albanian groups [must]
end immediately all offensive actions" - and the reality of UN/NATO practice
is striking.

What message has KFOR delivered to Albanians by arresting and then releasing
approximately 450 terrorists?

TERRORIST INVASION OF SERBIA = REBELLION

Some things to consider:

1) The article makes no mention of how KFOR determined whether a captured
terrorist was "suspected of having committed serious crimes." One assumes
KFOR did not allow Serbian forces to interrogate the detainees; that they did
not stage "lineups" and bring villagers from southern Serbia who had
witnessed terrorist crimes to identify the attackers. Apparently the only way
KFOR had of suspecting that a terrorist had committed "serious crimes" was if
the terrorist confessed or was accused by his or her fellow terrorists, which
seems unlikely.

2) Any soldier in any army who "commits serious crimes" could be subject to
trial and punishment. Thus, by stating that it was allowing all the captured
terrorists to go free except those "suspected of having committed serious
crimes," KFOR was declaring that the UCPMB terrorists constituted a normal
army engaged in legitimate military action.

3) But what was this normal army doing? It was invading southern Serbia, that
is, a sovereign country, and indeed a country whose sovereignty KFOR was
committed, by United Nations Resolution 1244, to protect.

4) And what were the invaders doing in southern Serbia? They were laying land
mines, killing policemen, sniping at civilians. By letting these men go free,
wasn't KFOR declaring that these acts of violence against Serbs and
uncooperative ethnic Albanians in Serbia (and by extension, against similar
groups in Macedonia) do not constitute "serious crimes?"

5) This is an unusual amnesty. Normally, amnesties are granted as an act of
forgiveness by the party which has been attacked. But KFOR was not attacked.
Yugoslavia was attacked. KFOR controls Kosovo, a part of Yugoslavia, because
of an act of war - the 1999 aggression against Yugoslavia. Moreover, the
people who did the attacking have been trained by elements of KFOR!

So what do we have? KFOR (that is, NATO) bombs Yugoslavia; KFOR occupies
Kosovo, which is part of the Yugoslav Republic of Serbia; KFOR trains
terrorists who attack the rest of Serbia; KFOR detains some of those
terrorists; and then out of the kindness of its military heart, KFOR declares
an amnesty and forgives - whom? Whom does KFOR forgive? The terrorists it has
trained. (3C)

The people attacking southern Serbia call themselves the UCPMB, but they are
in fact members of the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA). Another part of the KLA
is attacking Macedonia with the immediate goal of intimidating, coercing and
cajoling the powerful Albanian clan leaders into supporting the KLA's
campaign to rip off chunks of various Balkans countries and create a Greater
Albania. (1)

A key part of the KLA's message to local Albanian clan leaders is: resisting
us is futile because the West is on our side.

To make this argument convincing, the KLA needs evidence of Western support.
The problem is that, for political reasons, NATO cannot at this time openly
endorse the KLA. Indeed, since NATO always said Macedonia was a 'good'
country and since NATO claims not to support Albanian expansionism, NATO must
publicly seem to oppose the secessionists. By arresting 450 terrorists and
then releasing all the ones who "are not suspected of having committed
serious crimes," NATO has cleverly resolved the paradox of its duplicity: the
arrest says, "We officially oppose Albanian expansionism," while the release
says, "But of course we really consider Albanian expansionist terrorism
perfectly legitimate."

LIAR'S ADVANTAGE

The Serbs have a problem dealing with the West. Their political culture
affirms the value of honesty, which tends to leave them unprepared for the
current world. They naively believe that if someone signs an agreement he can
be expected to carry it out. How quaint.

The so-called International Community did of course swear (in Resolution
1244) to defend Yugoslav sovereignty and prevent Albanian terrorism, but no
matter: the West has discovered that the supposed oppression of Albanians in
Kosovo, which though never actually proven to exist was nevertheless the
justification for the 'humanitarian bombing' of Yugoslavia, has now migrated
to southern Serbia and Macedonia. Soon it may extend to Northern Greece and
other European countries as well.

The existence of this contagious epidemic of anti-Albanian discrimination is
accepted by the mass media as fact without evidence. It is an axiom of
Balkans life: wherever Albanians exist they are oppressed. Once accepted,
this axiom renders any crime committed by Albanian terrorists understandable:
after all, they are oppressed. And so the various terrorist forces who are
killing uncooperative Macedonian Albanian clan members not to mention
Macedonian policemen are described in the mass media as rebels, the same as
two and a half years ago when they were killing uncooperative Kosovo Albanian
clan members not to mention Serbian policemen.

ARM? DISARM? WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

According to Resolution 1244, KFOR and UNMIK (the United Nations in Kosovo)
were supposed to disarm the KLA terrorists two years ago. Instead, the KLA
handed over a few obsolete weapons after which KFOR and UNMIK announced that
the KLA had been disarmed. Commented a Russian writer:

"The head of the U.N. mission in Kosovo, Bernard Kouchner, has announced that
KLA representatives had turned in 10,000 units of various types of weapons
which allows the mission to speak about the completion of the disarmament
process. 'We are satisfied that the OAK [KLA] handed in 10,000 firearms, even
if we know that they still have another 100,000 guns,' joked one of the
members of the U.N. mission in Kosovo." ('Russian Press Digest' September 21,
1999)

This duplicity made UNMIK and KFOR accomplices in every crime the KLA has
committed with those weapons ever since, including murders in Kosovo,
southern Serbia and Macedonia.

Next, KFOR and UNMIK declared that the KLA had been dissolved (another lie)
and set up the so-called Kosovo Protection Corps (KPC), comprised of KLA
members. To head the KPC, the UN appointed KLA chief Adam Ceku. Ceku is a
notorious and experienced war criminal, thus right for the job. (2)

Then the KPC members - who you will recall are members of the KLA - were
recruited into a new group with even more initials, the UCPMB, and dispatched
to attack Southern Serbia. The BBC (that's the British public TV/Radio
network, not a subsidiary of the KLA) recently admitted that NATO has been
training these terrorists since they first attacked southern Serbia. (3) The
BBC attributed this ongoing training to an oversight on the part of the
trainers. (These things will happen.)

And now, KFOR gives 450 terrorists a blanket amnesty.

WHAT IF...

Let's put KFOR's behavior in perspective. Imagine that Canada has created,
trained and armed a narco-terrorist secessionist group. The Canadians, who
have seized and occupied Buffalo, New York, in order to prevent human rights
abuses, unleash said terrorists, whom the Canadian media refers to as
'rebels', to lay waste northern New York State.

The rebels ambush American police, plant land mines in shopping malls and
murder civilians. They especially target the leaders of local minority
groups, pointing out that a) they are oppressed and b) they will be killed
unless they supply recruits for the rebels. (1)

When the rebels capture American security forces they mutilate them and ship
back the pieces; this demonstrates the intensity of rebel pain over human
rights abuses. (3b)

In addition, some rebels commit serious crimes.

The rebels, who are entirely indigenous, go into battle under a blanket of
Canadian attack helicopters which impartially fire missiles at U.S. forces.
This levels the playing field. (3b)

Of course U.S. forces are banned from pursuing the rebels back into Buffalo,
which would constitute expansionist aggression. They are also banned from
using heavy weapons (anything more powerful than a pistol) which would be a
war crime. Any U.S. officer ordering the use of heavy weapons is immediately
declared guilty of crimes against humanity followed by his arrest and
subsequent trial by the Criminal Tribunal for the Former USA, an impartial
court paid for by Canada and other philanthropic organizations. (4)

Refusing to countenance lawlessness, Canada detains some terrorists; in the
spirit of forgiveness, Canada releases the terrorists unless they are
"suspected of having committed serious crimes." (To determine
suspect-ability, each terrorist is asked the following question: "Do you
recall committing any serious crimes?" If a terrorist (that is, rebel)
answers "Yes" he or she is held for psychiatric examination.

Well? What do you think?

If Canada did the above would there be mushroom clouds over Ottawa? You
better believe it.

But for NATO, which organized the KLA and has been using it as a proxy army
to break up the Balkans into manageable protectorates, it's all a matter of
Human Rights.

OR should we say, "Might Makes Right."

-- J.I. and R.R. 25 May 2001

EMPEROR'S CLOTHES URGENTLY NEEDS FINANCIAL HELP! - see end

Further Reading:

(1) 'WHAT'S BEHIND KLA STRATEGY IN THE BALKANS?'
by Jared Israel at http://emperors-clothes.com/interviews/strategy.htm

(2) 'The UN appoints an alleged war criminal in Kosovo'
by Michel Chossudovsky, at
http://emperors-clothes.com/articles/chuss/unandthe.htm

(3) The following articles talk about the attack on southern Serbia:

a) On the evidence that Kosovo Protection Corps (that is, KLA) members are
the ones attacking southern Serbia, see: * 'Who is Behind Terrorist Attacks
on 'Serbia Proper'? by Jared Israel at
http://emperors-clothes.com/news/fighting.htm

b) For an eye-witness account of the attacks on southern Serbia, see: *
'Pentagon Dogs' by Tika Yankovich at
http://emperors-clothes.com/articles/tika/dogs.htm
(Mr. Yankovich assisted medical teams treating wounded Yugoslav soldiers and
Serb policemen)

c) On evidence that the West is training these KLA forces, see: 'Diplomats
Admit NATO Backs KLA Invasion of Inner Serbia' at
http://emperors-clothes.com/docs/admi.htm

d) On the participation of Islamist terrorists from around the world in the
attacks on Macedonia, see 'CHECHEN SEPARATISTS ARE FIGHTING IN MACEDONIA', by
Yevgeni Kryshkin, at http://emperors-clothes.com/cos/chechen.htm

4) In our parody, U.S. forces who use heavy weapons against terrorists are
"found guilty and subsequently arrested by the Criminal Tribunal for the
Former USA, an impartial court run by Canada." In truth, this understates the
insanity of the two Tribunals the U.S. has set up to destroy the leaderships
of target groups in Rwanda and Yugoslavia.

On the Criminal Tribunal for Yugoslavia, see:

'Back to the Dark Ages?'
by Jared Israel at http://emperors-clothes.com/articles/jared/bac.htm

'Illegal Tribunal - Illegal Indictment,' by
Dr. Hans Koechler, President, at http://emperors-clothes.com/docs/prog2.htm

'The War Crimes Tribunal: Illegal Origins'
By Dr. Kosta Cavoski at http://emperors-clothes.com/articles/cavoski/c-3.htm

'The War Crimes Tribunal: Learning from the Inquisition'
By Dr. Kosta Cavoski at http://emperors-clothes.com/articles/cavoski/c-4.htm
Secret witnesses; some defendants are more equal than others.

Concerning the Rwanda Criminal Tribunal, see:

One-Sided Justice At The Rwanda Tribunal
by Dr. Emmanuel Nyemera, at http://emperors-clothes.com/analysis/rwanda.htm

For Whom the Bell Tolls
by Jared Israel at http://emperors-clothes.com/articles/jared/tolls.htm

***

EMPEROR'S CLOTHES URGENTLY NEEDS FINANCIAL HELP!

Our only source of money is contributions from people like you. Big ones,
small ones - they all help.

We are several months behind on our long distance and overseas phone bill. We
use the phone to do interviews, consult with writers, check the accuracy of
information and translate. It let us talk with the unarmed witnesses guarding
Milosevic's house when it was attacked March 28th and 29th. This way we could
post accurate information - the only accuarate information available anywhere.

Our phone bills are necessary but very high, well over a thousand dollars a
month. Now our long distance has been turned off because we owe almost $5000.
We are in danger of losing phone service altogether. In addition, we owe over
$1500 to Lexis, a key research tool.

If everyone who cares about Emperor's Clothes chips in, we'll be out of
trouble in no time.

Any help you can send will be greatly appreciated! No amount is too small -
or too large.

You can make a credit card donation by going to our secure server at
http://emperors-clothes.com/howyour.html#donate

You can mail a check to Emperor's Clothes, P.O. Box 610-321, Newton, MA
02461-0321. (USA)

Or make a donation over the phone. Call us at (U.S.) 617 916-1705 between
9:30 AM and 5:30 PM, Eastern Time (USA) and Bob will take your credit card
information.

Thanks for reading Emperor's Clothes!

www.tenc.net
[Emperor's Clothes]