BULLSHIT Virus Warning

Jose G. Perez jgperez at netzero.net
Tue May 29 07:14:35 MDT 2001

[This has been posted to the Marxism List; I am also sending it to other
recipients of the Virus "Warning" hoax as a courtesy though I am not a
subscriber to those lists -- José]

IGNORE THE PREVIOUS WARNING POST -- IT IS BULLSHIT

This hoax has been going around the Internet for a couple of months now.
sulfnbk.exe is a normal part of a wndows installation. It is a DOS external
command that has to do with long file names (I forget what exactly now).

Like any exe file, it "could" be targeted for infection by a virus. But
there is no evidence this has happened.

Any time a claim like this is received, it is necessary to verify with a
reputable anti-virus software vendor or informational web site BEFORE
sending it on to anyone else.

Resending this out to everyone on your address book, or even worse, to a
dozen mail lists with possibly thousands of subscribers, is to make yourself
the tool of the spammers who came up with the scam to begin with.

If you have gone ahead and deleted the file, you will need to reinstall it.

More info on this hoax:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html

And in Spanish:

http://members.tripod.com/~videosoft/sulfnbk.htm