Quebec -- Where were the unions?

Wed May 2 12:51:13 MDT 2001

Thuis was posted as well on the Rebuilding the left list here in Vancouver- I would
have to say this article is one of the finest succinct jobs on the marches. Their
description of the Black Bloc types as not only useful but, in fact, defenders of the
crowd is absolutely 100% correct (except when someone was too zealous about tossing
the gas and lobbed it back into different parts of the crowd). In larger crowds
without these Anarchistic types, when the gas landed, people ate all of it and had to
flee. Where they were, the gas was removed and we could survive it.

Macdonald