NEWSFLASH!

Craven, Jim jcraven at SPAMclark.edu
Thu May 3 09:42:45 MDT 2001

I just had to run home to see if I had lost my checkbook at a concert last
night. On the way back to work,  a few mintures ago, they came out with a
"Newsflash" that since last night there has been a "low-grade" leak of Serin
(?) nerve gas at Hermiston, Oregon (just upriver--and upwind from us at
Vancouver, WA). The world's largest storage facility of chemical/biological
weapons is at the Umatilla Reservation at Hermiston. Where the nazis used to
bring the victims to the gas chambers, now they bring the gas chambers to
the victims (as the nazis did originally with the mobile gas vans). On one
EPA list of 73 proposed toxic waste dumps, 72 were Indian Reservations. What
other word is there for it but GENOCIDE?

The U.S. refused to sign the 1948 UN Convention on Genocide for forty years,
and even when they signed it, in 1988, they tacked on a Helms-Lugar-Hatch
"Sovereignty Exemption" that says that if genocide is an "American thing",
and if anything in the Convention contradicts U.S. laws or the U.S.
Constitution, the U.S. laws and "Constitution" trump. This is of course in
violation of Article 6 Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution, and Article 29 of
the Vienna Convention (which the U.S. has also refused to sign although the
U.S. Supreme Court has recognized the Vienna Convention as the "definitive
international law on treaties") and ow the talk is that one of the authors
of that "Sovereignty Package", that Mormon asshole and fascist Orin Hatch,
is slated to become the next U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice.

Jim C

James Craven
Clark College, 1800 E. McLoughlin Blvd.
Vancouver, WA. 98663
(360) 992-2283; Fax: (360) 992-2863
blkfoot5 at earthlink.net
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~blkfoot5
Opinion*
"I am aware that many object to the severity of my language;
but is there not cause for severity? I will be as harsh as truth,
and as uncompromising as justice. On this subject, I do not
wish to think, or speak, or write with moderation. No! No!
Tell a man whose house is on fire to give a moderate alarm;
tell him to moderately rescue his wife from the hands of the
ravisher; tell the mother to gradually extricate her babe from
the fire into which it has fallen; but urge me not to use
moderation in a cause like the present. I am in earnest--I
will not equivocate--I will not excuse. I will not retreat a single
inch--and I will be heard."
(William Lloyd Garrison, Abolitionist, on Slavery, 1831)