The latest from Havana... and some of the samo , samo fromD.C.

Sun May 6 18:18:34 MDT 2001

[ from Nestor ]

En relación a Re: The latest from Havana... and some of the sam, el 4
May 01, a las 21:52, Juan R. Fajardo dijo:

> > As a pretext for invading Cuba in the heyday of the cold war, American
> > military leaders devised plans to blow up an empty US navy ship, issue a bogus
> > list of casualties and blame Fidel Castro, according to secret papers cited in
> > a new history of the National Security Agency. "Sabotage ship in harbour;
> > large fires, naphthalene [explosive chemical compound]," says a Pentagon memo.
> > "Sink ship near harbour entrance. Conduct funeral for mock victims."
> >

> Remember the Maine, anyone?

Well, I kind of recalled it when read those lines, but couldn't stop
myself from thinking that "no, these fools could not be actually
trying to re-enact the Maine episode". Since Juan knows America from
within, I bow to his remarks.

> - Juan

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar