Some Help, Please

Mark Lause lause at SPAMworldnet.att.net
Mon May 7 15:28:06 MDT 2001

James Secord's VICTORIAN SENSATION is an interesting look at the course and
contemporary impact of Robert Chambers' VESTIGAGES, the 1840s book on the laws
of "progression' that predated Darwin (without the solid scientific groundings
of ORIGINS).  The work became an important underground hit that divided
secularist from churchmen and radicals from those likely to deny progress.

It also has a very good bibliography.

Best,
Mark Lause

--
Lause's Links - For History, Politics & Possibilities
<http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/6460/index.html>