finding the truth

Sat May 12 07:00:33 MDT 2001

However when somebody posts something that is blatantly false about
something so
important as the question of state-capital relations in the 16th century,
when this whole mess called capitalism got started, it would be derelict
for me--or anybody else for that matter--not to correct it.LP

Louis is right about the need to correct wrong ideas. my only point is that
a dialogue on important issues requires openness. it also requires a
commitment to rational discourse. I am not sure this has been the case.
there is, I think, a manner of argument which is not open to gaining
understanding. when one already has the truth in a neat package, why bother
about what others have to say.

George