historical memory

Sat May 12 16:24:03 MDT 2001

Mac,

You know that bit in the Manifest where it says "All that is solid melts
into air.  All that is holy is profaned...Until man is forced at last to
face with sober senses his true relation with his own kind."  I tell them
that this might mean that eventually people come to realise that they
themselves are regarded only as commodities.  However I also tell them that
we fight this knowledge because "the heart is a lonely hunter"  which seeks
transcendence of the here and now.

If I am in my spiritual mode I quote St. Augustine "Thou hast made us for
thyself oh Lord and our hearts are restless until they rest in thee".

warm regards

Gary