Fw: Eurocentric Anti-Eurocentrism

Louis Proyect lnp3 at SPAMpanix.com
Wed May 16 17:20:20 MDT 2001

>Eurocentric Anti-Eurocentrism -- Against the Current
>May-June 2001
>
>Eurocentric Anti-Eurocentrism
>
>by Ellen Meiksins Wood

Thanks to George for bringing this to our attention. It is too bad that
Wood waited for Jim Blaut to die before answering him. I wrote a long
critique of Wood in the course of my ideological battle here with Yoshie
Furuhashi, who some of you probably remember. She was gung-ho Wood and
Brenner. I am not. Immanuel Wallerstein invited me to submit the critique
to his journal, provided I take out the jokes. I told him no thanks, the
jokes were the best part:
http://www.columbia.edu/~lnp3/mydocs/economics/brenner_ireland_spain.htm

Louis Proyect