French in Algeria: Inhumanity exposed

gdunkel at SPAMmindspring.com gdunkel at SPAMmindspring.com
Thu May 17 21:26:43 MDT 2001

On 17 May 01, at 9:47, jenyan1 wrote:

> On Thu, 17 May 2001, Les Schaffer wrote:
>
> > [ from Nestor ]
> >
> > I would probe deeper. Wasn't a political crime to surrender to the
> > French bourgeoisie without a shot in 1945? What kind of a world would we
> > be living in had it not been for this attitude of the French (and Italian,
> > Berlusconi is well deserved) Communist Parties? And, in a sense, of the
> > working class.  ...
... clipped
> > Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
> > gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar
> >
> Thanks for this Nestor, your point is well taken.

I think it would be hard to tell Josette Audin, whose husband and
comrade in the French Communist Party was tortured to death and
disappeared because he was trying to defend the NLF against police
terror, that her husband was a political criminal becuase he was following
the policies of the French Communist Party.

Or tell the children, lovers, comrades of the 6 members of the PCF who
were beaten to death by the cops in a metro station because they were
carrying pro-NFL banners, in a fight so ferocious that it left the ceiling
splattered with blood, that these six people, convinced and dedicated
members of the PCF, were political criminals.

It is important to point out the political mistakes and betrayals of the left
in Europe and the USA but I think it is important to do it in a way that
does not deprecate the sacrifices and risks of the militants in these
organizations.