Please edit your posts properly

Einde O'Callaghan einde.ocallaghan at SPAMplanet-interkom.de
Fri May 18 14:00:40 MDT 2001

> Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 10:29:22 -0700
> From: "Mike Friedman" <mikedf at amnh.org>
> Subject: Re: marxism-digest V1 #3514
>
> Yes, members, sections of the rank and file, the base of these parties
> continued to wage heroic struggles, in spite of their leadership. The same
> happened in the Spanish Civil War. But, the policies of the CPs and their
> leaderships was quite clear.
>
> Mike Friedman

<followed by a quote of about half of digest V1 #3514>

Was it strictly necessary to quote the whole of the rest of the digest
from that point onwards? I would be grateful if people could edit out
all the bits that they aren't commenting on. It might then be possible
toi keep an overview of the discussions here. I don't have much time and
I hate wasting it scrolling through endless quotations of stuff that
I've seen several times before.

I'd also be grateful if people could change the a subject line when the
thread drifts away from the original topic. That would make it easier to
know exactly what is being discussed.

A current example is the thread about Against the Current which has
drifted to a discussion of Zimbabwe and the attitude to the MDC. I only
realised this halfway through the discussion and now haven't got time to
trawl through the previous digests to pick up on it.

Informative subject lines would also be helpful. A subject line like
"Yoshie and Lou" doesn't tell me very much and I'd probably ignore such
a message, even though the topic may be challenging and informative.

Thanking you all in advance for your cooperation.
Einde O'Callaghan