Indonesia Calling was Re: A daring assumption (was Re: East Timor and all that.)

ermadog at SPAMfreenet.edmonton.ab.ca ermadog at SPAMfreenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Tue May 22 19:57:57 MDT 2001

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Gary MacLennan wrote:

> Mind you, Nestor, the opposition to Dutch Imperialism was at best half
> hearted once one got outside the ranks of the Communist Party of
> Australia.  Thus Doc Evatt, Australia's Labor foreign minister, described
> the trade union blockade of Dutch ships a "disgrace".  While the Tory
> Opposition called for the Labor government to take action against the
> unions. This period is covered in a very good documentary by the great
> Joris Ivens entitled _Indonesia Calling_.  In turn this film was the
> subject of a very brilliant chapter in my thesis!  A copy of this same
> chapter can be had by anyone on request.  Do not all rush!
>
> warm regards
>
> Gary

I would appreciate having a copy of this when you have the time to send
it - by email, I assume?

Thank you,

Joan Cameron