Request for information - working class Toryism

John Edmundson jwe21 at SPAMstudent.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed May 23 19:19:04 MDT 2001

I'm doing research on the rise of the (conservative) Reform Party in New
Zealand before WW1. I'm wondering if anyone here could help me with any
books, articles etc on the phenomenon of "working class Toryism" in
other parts of the world. Essentially, what I'm trying to do is identify
and explain the extent of working class support for mainstream
conservatism. Any help would be useful, especially stuff looking at
voting patterns etc around the 1st quarter of the 20th century.
Thanks.
John Edmundson