President Milosevic's Call-in to Fox News

Jared Israel Borba100 at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 10:52:43 MDT 2001

The URL for this article is http://emperors-clothes.com/milo/fox.htm

Send this article to a friend!
Join the Emperor's Clothes email list; we'll send you ~one article/day

=======================================
Against NATO's Terrorist Occupation Of The Balkans
President Milosevic's Call-in to Fox News, 24 August 2001 [posted 29 August
2001]

=======================================

RITA COSBY: President Milosevic, thank you so much for joining us from the
Hague. First of all, tell  us if you could, how are you feeling?

SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC: I feel fine, you know I'm here in the jail, the
so-called "prison" of that illegitimate tribunal, which is not having any
legitimacy  exactly as NATO aggression against Yugoslavia had no
legitimacy.  Those are the paths of the same approach. This tribunal is to
NATO based tribunal to continue the war by other means.

RITA COSBY: Now that tribunal has called you an indicted war criminal, how
do you feel about that title?

SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC: You know I can tell you, I'm proud for everything I did
in defending my country and my people, all my decisions are legitimate and
legal, based on the Constitution of Yugoslavia, and based on the right of
self-defense which belongs to every nation in the world .  And their
decisions - NATO leaders' decisions were all criminal.  They were simply
killing our people and they have thrown more than 22,000 tons of bombs to
hospitals, to apartments of civilians, to electricity facilities, water
supply,  bridges, railways, trains, refugees, and that was all one massive
killing of  innocent people and that was the real crime, so right address
for war crimes in Yugoslavia  is NATO.  That all was done in front of the
eyes of all the world, so I don't believe in spite the huge media campaign
against my country, that it is possible  to hide those facts.

RITA COSBY: Do you think that you have anything to apologize for, because
tens of  thousands of Albanian lives were lost?

SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC:  They were lost in the NATO aggression. I want to
remind you that before the aggression started there were only some rare
conflicts with small groups of  terrorists who were putting bombs in cafes,
in market places or somewhere else, killing innocent people.  That was all,
and that was calmed down in the Autumn of 1998. They were bringing they're
arms by tractors getting it back to the police, and that was completely
calmed down.  And people were in their homes, and there was verification
mission of OSCE, so  in front of them, that was completely clear, Kosovo
was completely calm. But when NATO started bombing on 24th of March, lots
of civilians were killed, and of course lot of them tried to escape what
was normal - everybody was running away. I said to one of your colleagues
during the war when he was asking me why the people were running away: "How
one wouldn't t run away under air alarm of 24 hrs a day and under massive
bombings of NATO". Everybody was running away, including dears, bears,
birds, everybody was running away.

RITA COSBY:  What I wanted to ask you, was you did direct Serb troops to
kill Albanians, of course Albanians were killing Serbs as well, but you did
direct Serb troops to kill Albanians, how do you feel about that?

SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC:   No, no, the troops were avoiding to kill civilians
anyhow, they had only to eliminate terrorist groups which were killing
people, both Serbs and others - Albanians, Turks, Muslims, everybody. Even
when they were quite  clearly visible within the groups of civilians, there
was strict order that  police or army should not open fire - just to avoid
possibility to kill any civilian. So there was nothing like killing
civilians done  by armed forces of Yugoslavia.

RITA COSBY: But many civilians were raped, many were killed - there is
proof of that . They ended up in mass graves, how do you explain that?

SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC:  There were individual crimes, but there was clear
order  that any crime has to be punished immediately, and whoever did it
has to be arrested. And the proof that that order was obeyed quite clearly
and exactly as it  was supposed to be obeyed, is the fact that more than
500 different individuals were immediately arrested by the police or the
army. So, armed forces and police forces had nothing in common with any
crime which was committed in Kosovo. Those were consequences of chaotic
situation created by massive bombing of NATO. In such chaotic situation, of
course there is always a possibility for different criminal elements to do
some crime, but there was very very efficient action against all of them to
be immediately arrested and sent to jail. Army and police forces were
defending the country and were not used against the population  They were
our citizens and they were not object of any military action.

RITA COSBY: Are you sorry - and I will say that some of the Albanian
leaders, and Albanian officials have said that they are sorry that some
Serb civilians were killed in the process, as you have said, in the chaotic
situation. Are you prepared to say now that you and others are sorry for,
maybe some of  the civilian deaths, some of the other deaths that happened
to have been killed?

SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC: Many things happened in that chaos, but you have to be
aware  of the fact that that was just the consequence of that criminal
aggression committed by NATO against Yugoslavia.

RITA COSBY: Are you sorry I guess, a lot of people...

SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC:  Of course, all of us are sorry for the death of any
person anywhere in the world, nobody can't be happy for the death of any
person anywhere, that is so obvious so that it is not the question at all.

RITA COSBY: What will you use as your defense at the trial, and will you
represent yourself?  What will you use as your defense?

SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC:  You know, this trial is really illegal, but I said to
you  that all the decisions of mine were completely legitimate and legal in
defense of my country, and their decisions were completely criminal and
that is the big difference. That is the big difference.  Look now at what
they are doing in Macedonia,  they first supported Albanian terrorists whom
they call "Kosovo liberation army", in fact that is a terrorist
organization, to start killing  people in Macedonia, and then that is now
the excuse for them to get in with the troops and to occupy Macedonia.
That is the process of occupation of the  Balkan peninsula.

RITA COSBY: But in this case, Mr. President, the NATO troops are coming in
and they are disarming the Albanians, do you think that is a good thing?

SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC:  They will disarm Albanians like they disarmed
Albanians in Kosovo. I remember what commanding general of KFOR in July
1999, said - that  "KLA" was disarmed, and than those disarmed are killing
people every day under the auspices of NATO, who are occupying Kosovo, so I
don't believe that they will disarm them. They will only say that, but they
will not do that.

RITA COSBY: How do your people in Yugoslavia feel about you now, do you
think  you still have support within your country?

SLOBODAN MILOSEVIC:  Yes, I have very wide and very strong support within
my people.  So, they understand how they have brought that puppet regime
now in Belgrade with those stolen elections and they understand that that
is  the way to occupy Yugoslavia. Everything is now worse than it was
before, despite the fact that there are no sanctions anymore, that
everything is now open for growing the economy without any limitation. But
economy is getting down, there is no factory which is working normally,
people are living very hard and everybody knows it.

***

To join Emperor's Clothes email list, go to:
http://emperors-clothes.com/feedback.htm

=======================================
Have You Seen the Movie, 'Judgment'?
It Shatters Media Lies about Bosnia. =======================================

If you haven't seen 'JUDGMENT' and you care about what happened in Bosnia -
get a copy!

Do you remember the pictures of the emaciated Muslim man supposedly held in
a barbed-wire concentration camp? The pictures were phony, and this movie
proves it, using original footage to show step by step how these photos
were fabricated.

Several thousand copies of 'Judgment' have been sold and nobody has
disputed our claim, that it proves that these pictures, which laid the
basis for the demonization of the Serbian people, are fake.

Here's a deal. Buy 'Judgment' and if you don't want to keep it, for any
reason, send it back, and we'll return your money.

PRICE

In US - $25.00 Canada - $26.00 All other countries - $26.50 (Available in
PAL and NTSC formats)

T0 ORDER

BY MAIL - Send check to EMPERORS CLOTHES, PO Box 610-321, Newton, MA
02461-0321

BY PHONE - call 617-916-1705 from 8:30 am to 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time

BY SECURE SERVER - Go to http://emperors-clothes.com/howyour.html#donate

Since your payment will be listed as a donation, send us an email at
emperors1000 at aol.com so we know the money is for a film(s).

Show this movie to friends, relatives, organizations, churches, unions,
schools. Show it on TV.

***

www.emperors-clothes.com
or www.tenc.net

TARGETS - Independent monthly paper on international affairs
Sloterkade 20 - 1058 HE Amsterdam - The Netherlands
Ph.  ++ 31 20 615 1122 - Fax: ++ 31 20 615 1120
See our website: www.targets.org